As mentioned before, your are 60% responsible for the satisfaction of the transport as you provide the details we must work with. We might do the hardest and most tedious part of the job, however not as important as yours.
· Do tell your agent the specific dates of when your car will be available to pick up, not when you wish or think, when the car is available to go.
· Do tell your agent all the modifications done to your car if any, the make and the year. certain cars change drastically each year, it is important the agent know exactly the car he is dealing with.
· Do ask your agent what are their policies regarding taking things inside the car.
· Do ask about insurance coverage in case of any loss or damage.
· Do ask your agent what is the total price, ask about hidden fees, or any other things that will pop up later on, avoid surprises, this is not honest business.
· Do plan in advance for delays, many factors that cause delays cannot be foreseen. A plan B in case of a delay for pick up or delivery is strongly recommended, especially if you are working with a tight schedule.
· Do arrange all payments before car is picked up. Typically a deposit is done once driver is confirmed and remaining balance is paid upon delivery. Ask your agent what are your options and how you can pay driver upon delivery. Unpaid balances or unaccepted forms of payment upon delivery will cause the driver to take car to storage and not deliver.
· Do remove all valuables from car, loss or damage are not covered by insurance.
· Do treat your drivers friendly, remember, they are taking your car, do not upset them or stalk them every 5 minutes to ask them where they are. Drivers cannot talk while driving and have other scheduled deliveries and pickups along the way, the more you aggravate the driver the less attention he will pay to you or your car.
· Do have all paperwork for car ready, payments cleared and released in case car is coming from a dealer.
Do ask any question you have about your transport, car transport is meant to be a simple service, do not start this adventure if you are not completely sure of what you are doing. Agents are here to help you and make sure you understand what you are requesting and how it will work. Many inconveniences and mishaps will be avoided if you ask all your doubts and DO all your are supposed to. Call (425) 320-3773 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org